Discover the secrets of the Pantheon Rome, one of only two ancient monuments still existing in Rome that an ancient Roman would stand a chance of recognising today. With our Pantheon tour, wander around this iconic structure with our fun, dynamic licensed guides who can't wait to share their passion and knowledge of art and archaeology.
The Pantheon has fascinated artists for centuries, and influenced architecture worldwide. It still holds the world record for the largest unreinforced concrete dome to this day.
On this Rome tour you will explore not only the Pantheon but also the last Gothic church remaining in Rome, Santa Maria Sopra Minerva, that has tombs and monuments to no fewer than five popes and sixty cardinals and one of the most beautiful fifteenth century chapels in Rome. You will also learn about the history of the field of Mars, a place of delectation and delight for the Ancient Romans, from the Republican times through to the Empire.
- Rome is a lasagna! - Understand the layers of history around the site.
- How was it built? Michelangelo said it was designed by the angels!
- Who built it? Archaeologists were fooled for centuries - why?
- Learn how Rome can "speak" to you if you know what to look for.
- Bernini's elephant - what was the message?
- Discover what is hidden behind the unassuming facade of Santa Maria Sopra Minerva.
If you want to do more than "tick the box" and understand this unique historic monument, take a stroll with our passionate guides and take away a memory for ever.